Although we mainly write our posts sharing with you the knowledge on how to improve the quality of wooden flooring it is also important to mention what not to do with wooden floor. It will help you to keep it in the best shape and condition for many years to come.
Some things you should not do to your wooden floor:
- Try not to place any piece of furniture (even the smaller and lighter one) directly on the wooden panels. This may spoil the finishing layer of the wood and make it prone to wearing.
- Refrain from using any sharp devices and agents/chemicals in order to clear the floor. Oil soaps, vinegar, dish washing products should never be used on natural wooden floors.
- Do not use heated mopping to clean the floor. High temperatures can significantly reduce the protection layer of your floor and make it more vulnerable for external conditions.
- Pay attention to the condition of your high heels because shoes in a bad condition can easily damage the floor.
- do not drag the wooden furniture along the wooden flooring as it may result in damaging the structure of the wood.
Always try to use the products recommended by professional flooring contractors and provide a regular sweeping or vacuuming of the floor. Always use the agents designed exclusively for the maintenance and care of wooden floors.
Our professional floor fitting contractors will provide you with all the information on how to properly care for your wooden floor. We realise most of our works in Bristol, Bath and Cardiff.